can't umount /usr(/dev/hdb3)

Hi all,

I upgrade a lot of packages, don't know exactly which ones though,  and now
shutdown -h now and umount will not unmount /usr(aka /dev/hdb3). It gives me
same error:
        umount: /dev/hdb3: device is busy

Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this?

Thanks,
David
p.s. From now on, I will upgrade only one package at a time than reboot to make
sure nothing is broken.;-)
 and now shutdown -h now and umount will not umount