Re: PPPproblem

>> Following is

[snip]

>This is very bad !  With the \q at the end, the password is shown in
>files /var/log/ppp.log and /var/log/messages, which are readable by
>everyone by default.  You should only specify \qabcdefg so that the
>password is replaced by a string of question marks in log files.

It would have seemed a little better it pppd/chat would make the
passwords in the logfiles unreadable by default and require a special
switch to make it readable, rather than the way it currently is.

Tim

We are Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be APPROXIMATED!
                -->  tjobrien@traveller.com  <--