Finding files not present (challenge to your intelligence)

Hi,

I was given a text file containing one file name (no full path name)
per line. My task consists of searching the entire filesystem and
generate a list of the files that are NOT present.

At first I thought this was a task easyly solved with a couple of
awk's, sed's, and find's. However, it's been four days now and I still
haven't finished this stupid thing. Right now I am working with Perl
but haven't finished. I think I am close but just wanted to know
if someone here at debian-user has a simple solution, the shortest
one.

The problem with using find is that this command does not return an
error code when it does not find a file.

Thanks in advance.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris