Re: afterstep 1.0pre5

On 24 Mar, Christian Hudon wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Paul Chau wrote:
>
>> Could anyone tell me if the afterstep 1.0pre5 been debianised yet or
>> not?
>
> Don't think so. The Debian package is still at 1.0pre4. If you want, email
> the maintainer (Neil A. Rubin <nar5@po.cwru.edu>) and tell him that
> 1.0pre5 is out.

Hello all,

     1.0pre5 was released on 3/11, after the 1.3 codefreeze.  The
Debian rule seems to be no new code, except bugfixes, after the code
freeze.  1.0pre5 does fix some very minor misfeatures, but still has
bugs with shading.  It also adds significant new code, including the
Animate module and locking patch.  On the whole, it didn't seem worth
breaking the "no new code" rule over.

Anyway, I plan to fix the one outstanding bug on the 1.0pre4 package
today or tomorrow, and then package up 1.0pre5 to placed in the new
unstable distribution.

Thanks for the nudge. :-)

--
Neil A. Rubin <nar5@po.cwru.edu> - Physics/Mathematics - CWRU '98, IMSA '94