Re: gcc stuff

[how do I get a program to read data from a document]

Try to glance over all of the manual pages in section 2 and 3.
Do an "ls" of /usr/man/man2, and then use "man" to display the
individual pages using a command like "man 2 accept". Just a glance
at each page will get you started, you'll know where to look when you need the
functions. Section 2 is system calls, section 3 is other C library
functions. There are a number of C newbie resources on the net, I
don't know their names but do a web search and you'll find them.
I'd also suggest you get some good books on C programming under Unix.

	Thanks

	Bruce