Re: MODule players

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Philippe Troin wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:23:23 MST Jason Gunthorpe (jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta
> .ca) wrote:
>
> > I noticed that there are several mod player packages in the debian
> > distribution and I was wondering how populare something like that is with
> > the linux crowd?
>
> It is. Unfortunately, most of them are console-based.
> If we had a nice X client with all the glitz some DOS player have, it
> would be cool.

Well, from my quick run through the debianinized ones (gmod, s3mod, xmp)
they all are *really* bad. I easially detected several errors in the
playback on each player and the gus support is umm.. very very clicky
overall :< They don't even have semi-passable console support..

That's what got me started, linux should have a good mod player!

> Which one is it ?

It's an OS/2 player called Muse/2. It supports,
xm/mod/s3m/it/ult/669/wow/far/mtm/it2 and was designed from the start to
run under multi-tasking os's like Linux and Os/2. I figure it could take a
few weeks tops to port over with gus only support.

Jason