Re: Adaptec 2940 UW (general)

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Bernd Kreimeier wrote:

> I found a statement in the december RedHat (4.1?)
> claiming that some, but not all Adaptec have problems
> since 2.0.12.

Hogwash.

I've got 9 or 10 of these cards deployed.  All of the machines are running
2.0.29 without a single problem.  I've never done anything more than plug
the card in, turn the machine on and install.  No special tweaking
required.

Jason Costomiris                 | Finger for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key
jcostom@sjis.com                 | "There is a fine line between idiocy
My employers like me, but not	 | and genius.  We aim to erase that line"
enough to let me speak for them. |			--Unknown

	        	http://www.jasons.org/~jcostom