Re: Problems after update from debian 1.1.3 to 1.2.8

>I installed debian linux a while ago from a cd, which contained the
>files from the release 1.1.3. This one worked great and I just had to
>add a kernel-parameter to be able to use my zip-drive. Last week I
>wanted to update my system to 1.2.8. I looked into /var/lib/dpkg/status
>to find out which packages I had installed (isn't there a easier method
>for this) and downloaded the updates. After installing all the packages
>"by hand" (dpkg -i -R <dir>) it appeared, that no Xresource seemed to
>have any influence. All my settings in eg. the ~/.Xresource file were
>ignored. I checked xrdb, which failed with an error message, that it
>couldn't launch cpp. I have gcc installed and tried also the cpp package
>by itself. No success.

Don't think it's a bug.  Looks like you didn't put the
"allow-user-resources" line in the /etc/X11/config file.

>Second thing is that i can't access the audio device (which worked under
>1.1.3) anymore. xmix just says that it can't find the mixer device.

Kernel problem, maybe?  Perhaps the sound module isn't there...

---
Benoit Goudreault-Emond
Reply to: bgoudem@qualiscope.axess.com
My opinions are mine only and may not reflect those of my employer.
E-mail me to obtain my public PGP key.