Re: SCSI Ultra/Wide support

Oliver Elphick (olly@lfix.co.uk) wrote on 18 March 1997 23:13:
 >In message <[🔎] 332EB7AF.794B@biologie.uni-freiburg.de>, writes:
 >  >We would like to run Debian Linux on a PC with
 >  >all its disks connected to a
 >  >
 >  >  Adaptec AHA 2940U/W PCI Ultra/Wide SCSI-3
 >  >
 >  >controller.
 >  >
 >  >Does anyone have experience with this controller?
 >  >Do we have to expect any problems with the driver?

I have two critical machines using this card. For me everything works
fine. However, I'd buy a Buslogic 958 if possible. People report that
the 2940* extreme sensitivity to cables is somewhat substandard. Also,
the buslogic driver seems more stable and faster. Adaptec doesn't give
any hint on their product, and the maintainers have to do heroic
efforts. On the other hand, Buslogic gives full support to the linux
maintainer.

Carlos