X11 Permission denied

Hi all,

I'm using xdm, which starts on boot,  on my Debian system.  If I login as rob and then su, I can't
get any X apps to work.  They all fail with the following error:

Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Initialization error: X server not responding
: ":0.0"

I havn't been able to find anything in the docs and I know this has been answerd by the list before,
but I can't find it in the archives either.

Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

Rob MacWilliams   robmacw@cl-sys.com
N9NPU