Re: Installing debian 1.2 from december 1996 InfoMagic 6 CD set

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Laurent PICOULEAU wrote:

> I bought InfoMagic Linux Developper's Ressource 6 CD set od december
> 1996. I've decided to install Debian from it but a bunch of packages
> can't configure after installation

Let me guess.. you installed all of the packages the first time you ran
dselect.  That got me a couple of times.

> So I reformatted my disk an reinstalled Debian with just the default
> preselected and mc with libgpm.

OK; now just install the packages you want, a couple at a time.

> (I had to do mknod in /dev to add support to my Mitsumi FX001D CD ROM
> but it wasn't a problem). However there's still 3 unconfigured
> packages... (texbin, psfnss and an other I've forgotten)

> So what should I download to fix this apparently bad organised CD.

The problem isn't in the CD; the install utility doesn't quite catch all
the dependencies the first time through.  If you re-run the install part
of dselect a couple of times, everything should get installed.

(The only time that this didn't work for me was when perl died on me, and
some parts of dselect didn't work.)