Trying to install linux with Allied-Telesyn network adaptor

Hi,

I'm getting extremely frustrated trying to install linux.  I can install the
base system without any problems, but I cannot configure my network card
correctly, thus I cannot run the dselect program to complete my installation
via FTP.  I have an AT1510 plug and play ethernet adaptor, but when
installing linux I can't find an option for that, that will work.  According
to all the HOW-TOs and FAQs it says that my card is compatible with the AMD
Lance chips.  When I choose that option in the network device driver options
it always says installation failed.  What am I doing wrong?  I've looked
through the myriad of documentations, but I can't seem to find step by step
instructions for configuring this card.  According to Win95 control panel my
settings for the card are:
IRQ-10
DMA-7
Input/Output range 0300-0317

Can anybody, please give me step by step intructions on how to configure this
card properly so I can complete the installation of linux?

Please, thanks.