Problems installing texbin

Hi,

I spent yesterday installing Debian (dselect is very nice) and the
only problem I have is that texbin doesn't install. I know that
there have been bug reports sent to the bug list, but those reports
don't give the solutions. So, the big question is: how do I fix this
("this" is the problem with the cmr9.tfm font not available, and thus
texbin chokes -> latex chokes -> psnfss chokes)? Is it better to
get TeTeX?

Otherwise, Debian is pretty slick. I used Slakware a while back before
my foray into the BeOS, and I don't remember it being this complete in
terms of setting up. Most install programs make a tradeoff between
"dumb user - minimize install details" and "smart user - let them figure
it out". I think Debian is the perfect balance.

Thanks,

John
zachary@bit.csc.lsu.edu