Re: GNU/Linux 1.2, help please!

On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, val.tamarov wrote:

> [clip]
> currently using System Commander to separate operating systems. I had
> win95, DOS 6.22 as my boot options before installing Linux. Then I
> installed Linux on drive D (452Mb), and everything was fine. After
> rebooting I got new boot option : "Linux" (cool), but when I tried to boot
> to Linex System Commander gave me an error message:
> "The selected operating system appears to have a defective boot record. The
> normal boot signature is missing". There was an option to "Boot as-is",
> [clip]

System Commander and LILO perform similar functions.  Your problem
may be that Linux is having trouble working with System Commander.
Here are two options:

  * Replace System Commander with LILO.
  * Call System Commander tech support (it is commercial software, right?)
    and ask about how they support Linux.

--- Jean Pierre