Re: Compiling gs 3.33 for HP660C printer

Chris Brown writes:

>    I was looking at the man pages HOWTOs etc. for GostScript with
>the intent of using it with my HP 660C printer.  It looks like the
>standard distribution esecutable won't work for me so I got the
>source and was going to compile it.  It looks like the best option
>for monocrome wonld be to set it up with the laserjet driver however
>I'm not really sure if there is a good option for color.  There are
>probably other drivers that I would find usefull that I'm not
>familiar with or not thinking of now.  Any suggestions would be
>greatly appriciated.

I suggest using the Alladin Ghostscript in non-free.  It has some new
drivers for the Deskjet family of printers.  The deb package has them
included.  The available drivers are cdjmono, cdeskjet, cdjcolor,
cdj500, cdj550, deskjet, djet500, djet500c.  I uset the cdj550 for
mono and color printing by changing the -dBitsPerPixel option of
ghostview.

You might want to look into using apsfilter or magicfilter to setup
different printer names for color, b/w, etc.

Brian
Mechanical Engineering				   servis@ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University		    http://widget.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis