Re: nis problem...

You did follow the documentation _exactly_ in /usr/doc/nis didn't you?  I
did and it worked perfectly.  However, I believe the latest libc from
unstable breaks NIS - hopefully it'll be fixed soon.  In the mean time you
can degrade to 5.4.20 and it should work.

At 12:10 PM 3/13/97 +0100, Magic wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I have some computers in the laboratory with RH 4.1 One of tem is a nis
>server, a the rest - clients. Now i would like to have one PC with Debian on
>my desk :) and... i've a problem...
>
>I instaled:
>nis-2.10-1
>
>other:
>libc5           5.4.23-2
>libgdbm1        1.7.3-19
>netbase         2.10-1
>
>In /etc/deafultdomain i have my nis domain...
>In /etc/yp.conf adreess of my nis server
>and in /etc/passwd i've add +::::::
>
>/etc/init.d/nis stop ; /etc/init.d/nist start
>
>and... what can i do now? It's my first touch nis and i havn't idea.
>can u help me? thank's...
>
>what about /var/yp/binding ?
>
>                                              Magic
>---
> Artur Zaworski, Computer Center, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland.
>email: magic@pg.gda.pl http://www.pg.gda.pl/~magic phone(office): 47.27.88
>              Dzialac mozna dopoty, dopoki sie ma marzenia.

   Karl Ferguson,
   Tower Networking Pty Ltd                     karl@tower.net.au
   t/a STAR Online Services                      karl@debian.org
   Tel: +61-9-455-3446  Fax: +61-9-455-2776   http://www.star.net.au