Re: Ethernet

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, MR DAVID C STEIN wrote:

> I have some ethernet cards that came with a used machine.  I don't
> know what they are (which type of ethernet) how can I get them
> running under debian linux?  I also have some ethenet cards that I
> know what they are Novel NE2000 compatible, how can I get those
> running under Linux? they came with dos drivers?  Also, If I have 1
> ethernet card on a Dos machine running Novel can it talk to a Linux
> machine running ethernet?  how?  Also, If I was to purchase the red
> hat cd rom would the stuff on it be compatible with debian linux or
> does it take a debian os to run debian stguff and red to run red hat?
>  Thanks.

Well as for the redhat - debian question, if U run debian, U purchase a
debian cd..  thats the logic I would use but hey who am I to compare my
logic with others...  U may notice that Debian packages end in .deb, where
as redhat end in .rpm or sumfin like that...  Those are my thoughts
anyway...

--
Silicon Graphics and Sun Worksation Giveaway
Check out --> http://www.squirrel.com.au  For more information.

                             Living is just a state of mind...

	The Lord Bhaal...