Re: Local X application defaults

---------  Received message begins Here  ---------

(Header snipped)

> Riku Saikkonen <rjs@isil.lloke.dna.fi> writes:
> > Can X be set to read app-defaults
> > files in /usr/local/X11/app-defaults/ (or whatever) in addition to the
> > normal directory?
>
> You could try (ab-)using XUSERFILESEARCHPATH.  Mine is currently
> /home/carey/lib/X11/app-defaults/%N%S so you could use something
> similar.
>
> --
>                 Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

the XAPPLRESDIR environment variable is used to identify local application
defaults.  I've got mine set to
setenv XAPPLRESDIR /home/jwl/app-defaults
You could probably set  XAPPLRESDIR globaly in the /etc/profile and /etc/
login scripts, I guess, if you wanted it to apply to everyone on the
system.

Jim.

Jim Lynch, System Engineer,  SGI/Cray Research, Inc. / ARS: K4GVO
Federal Business Systems, Phone: (770) 631-2254, Email: jwl@sgi.com
Suite 270, 200 Westpark Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269