Re: Mouse and mounting problems

    Falk> It may not be easy with cheap microsoft compatible
    Falk> mouses. I've still not found a good solution yet (I'm
    Falk> pluggig out and in the mouse on startup with mouse button
    Falk> pressed to switch it to mouseman mode), so I guess I'll buy
    Falk> a Logitech mouse soon...

 I had a Logitech, and didn't like it because the middle button was
wired for MS Windows.  It does a 'double-click', rather than being its
own button.  So when you try and drag something with it, like a menu
or a file from TkDesk, the button's signal stutters up and down, and
the menu flashes on an off.  It was almost useless; I hade to hack a
Tk togglebutton that would swap my mouse buttons around.

 The best mice for X are the 'mousesystems' kind, with the switch on
the bottom for 'pc-3key' or 'ms-2key'.  "Precision Instruments"
(Taiwan) makes a pretty good one; that's the kind I have now.

Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg
Portland, OR  USA
Debian GNU 1.2  Linux 2.0.29t