Re: Mouse and mounting problems

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997 23:14:03 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello!
>
>Now I've almost got the mouse to work in X. It's only the middle button that
>doesn't want to work. How do I make it work?

There's a nice mini howto on this topic; maybe it is even included in
the standard /usr/doc/..., can't check it now.

It may not be easy with cheap microsoft compatible mouses. I've still
not found a good solution yet (I'm pluggig out and in the mouse on
startup with mouse button pressed to switch it to mouseman mode), so I
guess I'll buy a Logitech mouse soon...

>I've also tried to mount my floppy drive. I wrote the following at the
>command line:
>mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy
>and I got the message:
>mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device
>How do I cure this one?

This *should* work. Maybe the disk was not ok, or you have two drives?
--
Falk Hueffner  falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de