Re: Can someon help me configuring X?

On Mar 10, Barbara Cel wrote
> Hi debians!
>

> I'm tired of 4th day of configuring debian (what a bitchy system,
>
> friends are advising me to buy Red Hat) and I still haven't X-windows
>
> configured. I've been instaling this few times from the very beginning
>
> and i had lots of strange error messages (i'm using S3 64 V+ card and
>
> I installed X server for this card). After configuring with xf86config
>
> the most intriguing errors were:
>

> "no screens installed"

Hi !

This error indicates that there is something wrong with your
/etc/XF86Config . I'm willing to help you but perhaps you could first email
me your relevant files off the list (privately).

> and (this I have now)
>

> "PEX extension module not loaded"
>
> "XIE extension module not loaded"

This error is harmless and would be ignored by X11 if the rest would
be ok.

> there are more of this and when I'll be running linux next time i'll
>
> copy it all.

Please mail me the other errors you get too.

> Now I changed to DOS (win95) which partition I have no
>
> idea how to mount - I tried to set it as /dev/hdc without reason,
>
> nevermind. If someone will help me with X i'll be greatful...!

Hope I will be able to help you.

Greetings,

			       Christian
--