Can someon help me configuring X?

Hi debians!

I'm tired of 4th day of configuring debian (what a bitchy system,

friends are advising me to buy Red Hat) and I still haven't X-windows

configured. I've been instaling this few times from the very beginning

and i had lots of strange error messages (i'm using S3 64 V+ card and

I installed X server for this card). After configuring with xf86config

the most intriguing errors were:

"no screens installed"

and (this I have now)

"PEX extension module not loaded"

"XIE extension module not loaded"

there are more of this and when I'll be running linux next time i'll

copy it all. Now I changed to DOS (win95) which partition I have no

idea how to mount - I tried to set it as /dev/hdc without reason,

nevermind. If someone will help me with X i'll be greatful...!

Barbara "Babsi" Cel

e-mail: bcel@intermedia.com.pl

web: www.geocities.com/RainForest/8100/

snail mail: os "Na Stoku" 29/13