Re: A young girl lost her puppy

Thought <krowan@eecs.wsu.edu> writes:

> Hi Debians, so the subject line got your attention huh?  I figured
> if I titled this message "Stupid Questions" nobody would pay
> attention.

Your second assumption was right. Your first one was right, too, but
not for the sort of attention you wanted, unless being annoying was
your ultimate goal.

Perhaps you have all day and all night to sit around reading Usenet
news and e-mail. Most of us do not. Or perhaps you don't need
sleep. Some of us do. Therefore, we cannot read every message in every
mailing list or newsgroup we are subscribed to. I, for one, do not
look at any message that simply says "question" or "what's wrong" or
anything like that. I look for subject lines that point to problems or
questions that 1) I've already dealt with or 2) I'm experiencing but
haven't found an answer to or 3) have to do with something that sounds
interesting to me. I feel that's the best use of my time.

I read your message because I thought it was spam, and I usually reply
to spam with a nasty message to the sender.

--
+  Michael D. Harnois                      + If you want to follow Jesus,  +
+  Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA  + you better look good on wood. +