Re: help!!!!

On Mar 9, Valenzuela Family wrote
>  I have a 386 laptop that i just installed linux on and I don't know how
> to print from it and how to automatically mount a floppy.  Here is my
> booth message if anyone can help me.
> Thank you,
> Ernesto

Hi

regarding printing:
install the lpr package and the magicfilter or apsfilter package (I
prefer personally the magicfilter package). I'm not sure at the moment
if magicfilter will be setup automatically by the installation
routines. If not take a look at the documentation how to set it up but
it's relatively easy.
Automatically mounting of floppy is not that easy. If you work usually
with floppies with a DOS filesystem on it take a look at the mtools
package. You don't need to mount/umount in this case.

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: christian.meder@utoronto.ca