Re: experiences with /dev/md? (multiple device) drivers ?

lukas@teorica0.ifisicacu.unam.mx writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody here have experience with the multiple device drivers
> under linux?

[ snip ]

> My main worry is reliability of the driver. And speed matters, too.
>
> Hints and recommendations welcome!

I've been using it for a few months on a machine that does LOTS of
I/O.  I just installed processor #2 this week, and the md stuff seems
to work fine even in SMP mode.

Make sure you read the docs a few times.  Also, before you put
anything important on your striped volume, reboot, and make sure that
you can remount it and still read it.  "mdcreate" and I have had a
battle or two in the past :-)

> 			Thanks,

Later,
	Dale

--
| Dale E. Martin | University of Cincinnati Savant Research Laboratory |