Re: IMPORTANT: RSA Data Security Challenge participants please read

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu>
> > Today, RC5.  Tomorrow, DES.  Next
> > week, Phil Zimmerman's a free man.  (Oh well, we can dream...)
>
> The government dropped its case against Zimmerman long ago.

That is true, but he is still be "pestered" more than you and I would like
to live with.
I just wish our government would get over the fascist notion that only
governements should be allowed to "protect" secrets. All of the current
software restrictions fail to keep the sofware in question from the rest
of the world and only act to impede free trade between US citizens and the
rest of the world.

I can see I'm starting to rant, sorry,

Dwarf