Re: Perl/io/dpkg-ftp and start-stop-daemon (again(again)).

I am getting this same problem - I got it after pointing dselect from
1.2.2 at unstable.  My fix is to reinstall from base disks in unstable;
but I certainly understand not wanting to do this.  I was ready to
reinstall my system anyhow - but would like to know the answer too.