Re: Non-existing packages in dselect

You have checked the bug listings via www.debian.org or straight
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/iwj10/debian-bugs/db/6210.html?

I noticed this when the tex packages from both stable and unstable were shown
at the same time in dselect. This happened after my upgrade from stable to
unstable. When I fooled around a little I managed to truncate both available
and available-old in /var/lib/dpkg. After that 'update' from dselect worked
fine. The 'clear available' never worked in dpkg-ftp.

I hand fixed the bug in dpkg-ftp by following the advise given in the url
above.

Andreas Tille wrote:

> Could someone give me a pointer to an explaination of this bug. May be I also
> run in trouble while using dpkg-ftp caused by this bug.

I hope this helps

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland