Re: Matrox Millenium

There are two things you might want to do. First check
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~ajv/xf86-matrox.html for the info about XFree86
Matrox server. This info is made by the authors of the Matrox code in
XF86_SVGA server.

The second is that you should try XF86Setup which comes with the xserver-vga16
package. XF86Setup is a graphical tool for creating the config files and it
uses the 16 color VGA server. XF86Setup is what I used.

You really shouldn't need to specify any of the chipset, ramdac, size of
available WRAM memory etc. since the driver automatically detects everything.

Thought wrote:
> Does anyone out there know right off hand which chipset to choose when
> configuring X for the first time with a Matrox Millenium card?

// Heikki

PS. It should be possible to replace the server that comes with XFree86 3.2
with the newer 3.2A version. There is no Debian package for 3.2A since it's a
binary only distribution and Debian wants to offer sources too. I have not yet
tried it so I can't verify this information.