2.0.29 freezing

I'm posting the problem here to see if someone can reproduce it:

I found that running simultaneously the serial and floppy driver
causes 2.0.29 to freeze badly.
To cause the bug:
   start a ftp session somewhere, and download a file
      (transmission speed must be high, so get a fast server)
   try to, say, format a floppy.

It should freeze within 5 to 30 seconds.

I'm dealing with the kernel guys on the topic, but so far, no one
could reproduce the problem. Can you tell me if it freezes on your
machine ?

WARNING/DISCLAIMER: This could cause your hard disk to become
corrupt, make your monitor explode, burn your CPU, etc... etc...
To minimize risks, umount or remount ro all your partitions if
possible (well, you must keep one rw to do the ftp...)

My setup:
 AMD 486 Dx2-66.
 Linux tantale 2.0.29 #4 Thu Mar 6 00:23:56 PST 1997 i486 unknown
 tty00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
 tty01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
 Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
 FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077