Re: Module Errors!!

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Kael Rowan - CPTS666 wrote:

> 3c59x ether_setup: wrong version or undefined
> register_netdev: wrong version or undefined
> dev_kfree_skb: wrong version or undefined
> dev_alloc_skb: wrong version or undefined
> eth_type_trans: wrong version or undefined
> netif_rx: wrong version or undefined
> unregister_netdev: wrong version or undefined
> linux-2.0.27
>
> I got those "wrong version or undefined" errors on another system as well
> so I just ended up removing all the lines in all my startup scripts that
> had the word module in them :)  What do I do???
Unless you specifically need these modules, nothing. You either A) did not
compile support for these modules in your kernel during the new compile or
B) didn't do a make modules, make modules install, and a depmod on your
newly installed modules. If A) then simply ignore the error messages or
remove them from your modules file in /etc.
I believe you can also turn version checking off during compilation.

Will