RAMDAC troubles

Hi

I managed to fix my network problem. I just had to find the right module.
The right one was the second last..

Now, I've downloaded XFree86. It's just that it won't start, because of my
graphics configuration (I think). It says:
S3: Unknown RAMDAC type s3gendac

*** A configured device found, but display modes could not be resolved. ***

Fatal server error:
no screens found

I have a S3 Virge graphics card, which I've found in the list.
225 S3 86C325 (generic)       S3 ViRGE

I don't know if that generic thing means something? However, it looks like
it doesn't like my RAMDAC configuration
9  S3 GenDAC (86C708) (autodetected)

I know it doesn't say my card within the parentheses, but I've tried without
selecting any RAMDAC but then it asks about some clock. In my graphics card
manual it says: "integrated 135MHz Truecolor RAMDAC and dual-clock
synthesizer", but I don't find any clock values.

If I run SuperProbe I get this information about RAMDAC:
RAMDAC: Generic 8-bit pseudocolor DAC
    (with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit mode))

Any ideas how to get XFree86 working?

|  _ \       | |/ /         | E-post: c95danka@und.ida.liu.se              |
| | | |      | ' /          | WWW   : http://www-und.ida.liu.se/~c95danka/ |
| | | |      |  <           | Tel   : 013 - 17 82 76                       |
| |_| |      | . \          | Adress: Rydsvägen 246 C:21 584 34 LINKÖPING  |