Re: SOCKS5 Compilation troubles

Jorge Figueiredo <jf@porto.ucp.pt> writes:

>  Has anyone used SOCKS for firewalling?
>  I am trying to compile Socks5 on a Debian Linux box, kernel 2.0.24, but it
>  fails to succeed. It complains the lack of following files:
>
>  sgtty.h, sys/ttychars, sys/mbuf.h, sys/select.h, sys/filio.h,
>  sys/sockio.h, machine/endian.h
>
>  Should Linux have them?
>  Do these files belong to the same package? Which package? Where can I get
>  it?

[snip]

Some of these are in libc5-dev, but in different places, e.g. sgtty.h
is in /usr/include/bsd/sgtty.h.

Linux often looks more SYSV-ish, especially when compiling programs,
and these are probably BSD headers.  Are there instructions for
compiling SOCKS for SVR4 machines, or for Solaris?  These might be
more likely to work.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

"Linux and Linux-like systems such as UNIX(R) and FreeBSD..."
    - Yggdrasil Computing, <pgpmoose.199702180607.14425@liw.clinet.fi>