Re: pine produces segmentation faults (fwd)

On 26 Feb 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
> >>"Bruce" == Bruce Perens <bruce@pixar.com> writes:
>
> From> William Chow <williamc@uclink2.berkeley.edu>
> >> Time to RTFM, there, Corey.
>
> Bruce> That's RTM on this list, please.
>
>        What, You don't think our manuals are Fine? ;-)
>

>        manoj
> --

void read_the_f_cking_manual(void)
{
char RTFM[] = "Read the fine manual";

cout << "Hello, this the the polite and censored helper edition" << endl;
cout << "Please " << RTFM << endl;
}

main()
{

while (1)
{
	read_the_f_cking_manual();
}

}

:w! help.cc

$ g++ -g -o help.cc

$ help

On my system, the above chain of commands will invariably produce a
segfault because my machine refuses to allocate memory properly to RTFM.
Other sensitivity issues will also be  catted to /dev/null :^)

Good day,  brucy,

Will