Re: IMPORTANT: RSA Data Security Challenge participants please read

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> It was OK for us to participate as "debian@debian.org" in the RSA Data
> Security Challenge as long as we didn't have any chance of beating
> the "Linux" group. It looks as if we do have a chance. It would be real
> embarassing to beat them. So please, if you are participating, change your
> reporting address to "linux@linuxnet.org" NOW. I have asked the
> statistics-keepers to add the figure for debian@debian.org to that for
> linux@linuxnet.org .

Well, even though I support and use Debian, I am running a client compiled
for aix 3.2.5 (RS6K 370) 1MKeys in 37 seconds... just better than a p100.
Should I chalk that one up for an ibm/aix group? All the win95 clients...
you want microsoft to get credit for them?

Just Wondering,

Walter L. Preuninger II