Re: Live filesystem on CDs

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, John Goerzen wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Mike Neuffer wrote:
>
> > > Personally, I would go for seperate i386 and m68k CD's, both with source.
> >
> > It doesn't fit (i386 + source) on one CD. However we had a number
> > of orders for 68k CDs and i386+68k binaries fit on one CD at the moment.
>
> Hmm, just an observation here.  (Not necessarily directed at you, Mike.)
> Are *all* packages that are compressed with gzip compressed with gzip -9?
> Including all .orig.tar.gz files, .diff.gz, etc.?  If not, this may be a
> way to save some space for now.

I don't know and we can't control it. This depends entirely on the
developers. If we would (re-)gzip the packages, we would change them and
the MD5 sums would not fit anymore.

Mike

Michael Neuffer                i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net             Home of the Debian Master Server.
mike@debian.org                14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.641.8774                   Beaverton, OR 97005