Re: debian and ISDN?

The easiest way to do this is with an external ISDN TA. There is somewhat
of a limitation in that the serial port is only 115.2Kb/sec and ISDN (MLPP)
is 128. However, I find that my PPP negotiates compression so I've seen
throughputs over 200Kb/sec. Check out the ISDN over PPP mini-HOWTO at your
favorite LDP (Linux Documentation Project) mirror.

I'm using a 3Com Impact IQ and it works pretty well. The only trick I found
was that you had to set register S71=1 (Async-Sync PPP conversion) to MLPP
working but that may be specific to my ISP.

If you want to do an internal ISDN card, the only one I know of is the
Spellcaster. It's in Beta however. We've had a hell of a time trying to
bring it up but it looks like most of our problems were due to a bad card.
The isdn4linux stuff is very sophisticated but all the best documentation
for it seems to be in German.

Just what I've learned...

Al Youngwerth
alberty@apexxtech.com