Re: Extremely rare Apache configuration

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:

> What about this: set up Apache locally as a proxy server for my local users
> and, at the same time, to have Apache contacting the corporate proxy server
> to access Internet hosts. I know it sounds confusing and do not know if I
> am understood...

I don't believe that you can make the Apache proxy module do that.

I do, however, know that CERN running as a proxy can do this, in fact,
I've done it.  I had a client that was running a CERN proxy in their main
office, and wanted web access for their field office.  The field office
was connected by a demand-dial ISDN link (it was a Pipeline 75).  A local
CERN proxy at the field office forwards requests to the big corporate
proxy, and then keeps a local copy.  After a couple of days of the link
being up a lot, usage went way down.

If I were you, I'd look into Squid, and see if it can do the job, it's
*much* faster than a CERN...

Jason Costomiris                 | Finger for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key
jcostom@sjis.com                 | "There is a fine line between idiocy
My employers like me, but not	 | and genius.  We aim to erase that line"
enough to let me speak for them. |			--Unknown

	        	http://www.jasons.org/~jcostom