Re: [OFFTOPIC] rc5-race is running!

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Ioannis Tambouras wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>
> > I'd consider running it here (since I have a permanently connected
> > machine with time on its hands), but how much network bandwidth does
> > it use -- it's at a premium here.
>
>  Including inet headers, the upper limit is about 1k bytes of traffic
> per keyspace block. It all depends on how fast you finish the keyspace block,
> a pentium 133Mz pentium will traffic about 1k bytes every half an hour.

If it takes such little bandwidth, then someone put it in a .deb package;
I'll run it on my machine.  How does it work if you are connected to the
net via PPP for about 2 hours a day?  Do you need to have dial-on-demand?

-=-

Daniel Robbins
School of Medicine Computer Services
University of New Mexico