Re: NT and Microsoft can go to hell!

On Feb 24, Robert Nicholson wrote
> Does anybody know how to run lilo once you've executed a shell from the
> rescue disk? Basically I'm having a problem because / is the /ramdisk0
> and not my harddrive. I think I need to rerun Lilo.

I don't know if this is the recommended usage, but I just did it and
it works.  Mount your root parition in /mnt.   Edit /mnt/etc/lilo.conf
and change all of the paths from /boot/... to /mnt/boot/... etc.
I also had to create a /boot directory.  Then run
/mnt/sbin/lilo -C /mnt/etc/lilo.conf
It will create a file in /boot.  I just moved that file to /mnt/boot,
reset the computer, and everything works fine and dandy now.  But don't
forget to change /etc/lilo.conf once you reboot.
--
				- John Larkin
				- jlarkin@hmc.edu