Re: very strange PPP problem (more info)

>There is something with my PPP setup that really startles me:
>(Teles S0.3 card, Debian Linux 1.2.6 distribution, 2.0.27 kernel)
>
>I have two ISPs, one (lets call it "I1") supports ISDN, the
>other one ("I2") supports ISDN and analog modem connections.
>
>I can connect to I1 without any problems and all works great.
>The preferred connection is to I2 via ISDN, though.  So:
>I can also connect to I2 using my 14.4bps analog modem, and all
>works as it should.  But when I connect to I2 using ISDN, pppd
>terminates the connection right after it received the "CONNECT 64000".
>Now what makes this situation even stranger, is that under Win95
>I can connect to I2 w/ ISDN perfectly.
>
>Okay, since I2's server is a WinNT machine, I first thought that
>the two different OS's don't like each other.  But then I found
>out that the analog connection is working.  Next I thought that
>the ISDN cards don't understand each other.  But since it's working
>under Win95, that can't be either.
>
>So, to summarize, it can't be a hardware problem (since it works
>under Win95) and it can't be a software problem (since the analog
>connection work with exactly the same pppd and PPP-Server at I2).
>
>I just don't understand this at all.  I anyone of you guys has
>an idea how I can get it to work, please give me a hint.

Hi again!

To give anyone who is willing to help me, some more information
I put together my ppp-scripts and pretty verbose debug log into
this file:
 http://www.appl-math.tu-muenchen.de/~spiegl/ppp.problem.txt

Thanks a lot in advance to all of you out there!
 Andy.
 Andy Spiegl, Institute for Applied Mathematics
 University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
 E-Mail: spiegl@Appl-Math.TU-Muenchen.de
 PGP fingerprint: B8 48 24 7B DB 96 6F 1C  D9 6D 8E 6C DB C2 E7 E9