RE: load now pegs at 1

You have not given a sufficient amount of information to diagnose the problem.
What process is causing the high load.  I suspect that it is syslogd.  If this
is the case, you probably have some directories specified in /etc/syslog.conf
that do not exist on your machine.  Comment out the lines in /etc/syslog.conf
and reboot (although there must be a more gentle way to restart syslogd).
Things should then work OK.  Of course, if syslogd is not the cause of the high
load, then all bets are off.

On 20-Feb-97 Richard Morin wrote:
>>Hi folks, little anomyly that I'd like to share.  I had a few probs with
>dpkg, and bash, which are now take care of thanks to the list. :-)  Only
>things is now I notice a load which doesn't drop below 1, even when I am
>not doing anything.  This is a single user machine p100 with 32megs of
>ram, and 16M of swap(I know should be 64...)
>Should I be looking for any other problems that I might not be aware of?
>Rich M
>TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
>debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com

Paul Rightley                     DX-3 Hydrodynamics, MS P940
Los Alamos National Laboratory    Los Alamos, NM 87545
Phone: (505)667-0460              Fax: (505)665-3359
Email: Paul Rightley <pright@lanl.gov>