Re: Debian-1.2.3 and libc5 problems

On 21 Jan 1997 miller5@uiuc.edu wrote:

> of the packages in 1.2.3 pre-depends on libc5 (>= 5.4.17-1), a
> number of packages were marked for removal.
>
> We've worked around this problem by s using Debian-1.2.2 rather
> than stable for the dselect ftp directory.  I'll check to see if
> the libc5 problem is a known bug and if not I'll submit a bug
> report.

	I had this problem, too.  I tried a number of different solutions,
and I eventually went to unstable (something I really didn't want to
do...) to take care of it.  Unfortunately, this caused a couple of other
dependancy problems, which don't seem to be as serious as the libc5 one.
Shouldn't libc5 v.5.4.17-1 be in the stable directory, there are a number
of progs in stable that require it (ex. perl, quake, etc)? I'll look into
using Debian-1.2.2 instead of unstable.

	Sean