Re: Cant get kernel-package!

Hi,
	I too also ran into this loop as described below.  Currently, I
can't get any more packages selected because I have yet to find a clean
exit out of the dependency loop. I didn't seem to have any problems until
I downloaded the new package lists. I think I saw a reference in the
debian-announce list that atleast one of the files had been revised.
could this be the problem?
	On what may be a related question, I noticed that dselect does
not recognize that you have a higher version of Tk installed, and so
requires that you install an older version to get some software to run.
It would seem that it should be checking to see that a newer version is
already installed and so not require the older as well.  Is this
indicating that: a) dselect does not check relative version numbers on
packages like Tk where the version is attached to the name or b) this
feature is not working correctly?
			Warren Overholt