Re: What's the ALT-F4 stuff?

Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> Ok, how's this for a killer Linux feature.  killall(1).  I f*cking _love_
> killall; you just have to be careful not to use it on non-Linux systems.
> 8^)

Nice try, but wrong again. That's a SVR4 feature :)

>From my Solaris man page...

killall(1M)           Maintenance Commands            killall(1M)

NAME
     killall - kill all active processes

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/sbin/killall [ signal ]

AVAILABILITY
     SUNWcsu

DESCRIPTION
     killall is used by shutdown(1M) to kill all active processes
     not directly related to the shutdown procedure.

     killall terminates all processes with open files so that the
     mounted file systems will be unbusied and can be unmounted.

     killall sends signal (see kill(1)) to the active  processes.
     If no signal is specified, a default of 15 is used.

Stephen
---
"Normality is a statistical illusion." -- me