Re: ALT+CTRL+BS dangerous to X server

Christian Lynbech wrote:

> Apparently, the keyboard combinbation of ALT+CTRL+Backspace is set up
> to kill the X server.
>
> Is there any way to rebind/remove this feature?
>
> It shadows the handy emacs function of backward-kill-sexp and I have
> just lost one too many session on this account.

In your XF86Config file find the following section and uncomment the
DontZap option.  This as it says will disable the key action.

# **********************************************************************
# Server flags section.
# **********************************************************************

Section "ServerFlags"

# Uncomment this to cause a core dump at the spot where a signal is
# received.  This may leave the console in an unusable state, but may
# provide a better stack trace in the core dump to aid in debugging

#    NoTrapSignals

# Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><BS> server abort sequence
# This allows clients to receive this key event.

#    DontZap

--

Be seeing you...

xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
 John Stevenson	  3rd Yr BSc Soft. Eng.
  ** Staff/Student Representative **
 E-mail : J.P.Stevenson@ncl.ac.uk
 URL    : http://www.ncl.ac.uk/~n4215605
xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx