Re: Sound and NIC problem

When I installed Debian I had problems with my 3c509 net card and PnP SB 32
sound card. The 3c509 wasn't detected before I got the isapnp tools (pnpdump
and isapnp). I added the following lines in /etc/init.d/boot :

if [ -x /sbin/pnpdump ]
then
  echo "Deconfiguring PnP devices"
  /sbin/pnpdump > /dev/null
fi

And right after that these lines:

if [ -x /sbin/isapnp ]
then
  echo "Configuring PnP devices"
  /sbin/isapnp /etc/pnpdump
fi

The file /etc/pnpdump is the edited output of /sbin/pnpdump and if I remeber
right it's needed to get the SB 32 working. At least it works now, I'm
listening to KPIG...

The 3c509 driver is a module, not compiled in the kernel.

--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * http://www.cs.tut.fi/~hessu/