Sound and NIC problem

This isn't a *Debian* issue so much as a general Linux one, but
since it is a Debian system... :)

I installed ebian on a clients system this weekend keeping
the win95 installed. They had a smc-ultra card, and everything
seemed to work ok, both on win95 and Linux. (just a side note:
I seems like there may be a problem with ifconfig.. it reports
a different base address than the card is set at, even tho insmod
gets it right... always 0x010 more) Now, they decided to add
an AWE32 Plug-n-Pray sound card. Win95 went ok, but no sound
under Linux, and then the smc card seems to stop working.
ifconfig shows the card configured right, but no packets
pass the software layer. Tx and Rx remain at 0. Is there anything
I can do, short of pulling the sound card?

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
   "It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."