diald question

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to express my sincere appreciation
to this user group to guide me to solve my questions.

BTW, I installed Debian-1.2 base system and want to use FTP method
to download more files.  So I need to use diald.  Diald doc
tells me that in order to use diald, I must have SLIP devices in my
kernel.  How can I check if my kernel has SLIP devices?  Secondly.
is there any simple way to setup diald?  Can anybody guied me?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy Lu