Re: Modules (was Re: Making kernel using "make install")

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, David Wright wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that a module is a module is a module?
> In other words, is the sound.o module always the same even though
> different base addresses/IRQs etc. were configured?

Nope.  Each time you compile it, differences do occur.  You can USE some
modules between different kernel versions/compiles, but sometimes you
cant.  Functionality though, is the same.  Symbols usually don't get
matched up properly, causing it not to work.

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
         mailto:servo@southeast.net http://users.southeast.net/~servo